Pages

"life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. so love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't and believe that everything happens for a reason. if you get a chance, take it, and if it changes your life, let it. nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it"

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

what really "grinds my gears"

     Haha, I just love that!  "What really grinds my gears."  Ha! 

    OK, so anyways... something that has always bothered me is when people wear clothing with brand-names on it!  I mean, you're paying the company to advertise their products!  Ha!  It just doesn't make any sense to me- why?  Yes, a lot of times the clothes are really cute so that's why you want to wear them... but really!  :]]  That would sorta be like wearing a huge sign that says, "Hey!  Come to such and such store!"  Well... sorta.  :]  It's kind of different if you're wearing a school/college sweatshirt or t-shirt.  You're showing school spirit!  But you still are saying (without really saying), "Hey, I go to this school!  It's great!  Check it out!" 
     Hmmm... but maybe it's not really trying to "advertise" the product... maybe it's kind of like showing off.  Saying, "I have the money to shop at this store!" or, "I'm gonna wear these clothes so that I'll fit in better and maybe people will like me more."  I don't know.  I've never worn clothing with brands on it, so I don't know exactly why people do it.  Maybe just because it looks cute?  Comment and let me know if you have a few shirts that say Hollister, Aero, A&F, etc...

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree! I hate it! I never wear such things! You named every reason that makes me cringe when I see people wearing them! =D

    ReplyDelete